Thanks to a recent giveaway at Spend on Life, I won a $100 gift card at Amazon. I was invited to take a very short survey last week, telling them what I thought about the site for a chance to win the gift card. Since it was a few short questions, and I did have a thing or two to say about the site itself, I gladly participated. While I do not regularly spend time searching for giveaways, this one was too easy to pass up.
I WON!! I’ll take some free swag anytime, especially when it is usable for just about anything on the planet like you can get at Amazon. I was especially excited to find out about a free gift card to a (primarily) book store, because my reading list is always growing and I did just have a birthday, after all.
Here’s what $100 got me…keep in mind that the wife just started a new semester, so she needed a few textbooks, and I was happy to help.
- How to Lie with Maps (2nd Edition)
- A Primer of GIS: Fundamental Geographic and Cartographic Concepts
Books for Future Review (and pleasure reading for myself):
- The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
- Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence: Revised and Updated for the 21st Century
- The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy
- Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes–and How to Correct Them: Lessons from the New Science of Behavioral Economics
- Your Money and Your Brain: How the New Science of Neuroeconomics Can Help Make You Rich
- The Richest Man in Babylon – The Success Secrets of the Ancients
Most of these titles are considered staples in the personal finance community, so it is only fitting that they all will be reviewed here and subsequently given away (as long as the used ones are in fact in good condition). Truth be told, I’m just excited to have finally one something that is worth more than ten bucks. If my luck is destined to continue, I had better enter some sweepstakes! Later!