I’m on vacation this week, so posts will either be normal or scarce, depending on whether I find a guest post or two, or decide to put a lot of time in this weekend. We’ll see. If you have a guest post relevant to Personal Finance and would like to see it get published, email me so I can look it over.
As usual, here are some great personal finance articles from the past week:
- Consumerist-36 Risk Factors Creditors Use to Deny You Credit
- Fiscal Fizzle-55 Ways to Simplify Your Finances
- My Life ROI-All You Need to Know About Renters Insurance–AND–5 Ways to Fund Your New Business
- Fiscal Geek-Top 10 Reasons that The County Fair is Better Than Disneyland
- Money Energy-Are You Ready For the September Sell-Offs in the Stock Market?
- Get Rich Slowly-Peer Pressure and Money: Do You Spend Differently than Your Friends?
- Len Penzo-What is an Emphyteutic Lease?(And Why You May Want to Avoid One)
- Wise Bread-How to Buy a Digital Camera
- Moolanomy-33 College Budget Calculators for Students: Budget Now to Reduce Your Debt
Simply Forties hosted the Carnival of Debt Reduction which included Keeping up May Set You Back.
Almost Frugal hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance which included The Similarities and Differences between Losing Your Job and Getting Dumped.
Although I have been participating in carnivals regularly for months now, I’m still shooting for the coveted “editors pick”. One day, I’ll write something that will make it!
I know this is really why you came here. I have decided that a section in these posts highlighting random, interesting or weird facts is just fun…so it’s in. I’m a sucker for stupid trivia, so I decided to include Random Knowledge for all to enjoy.
- Actor/Musician Jason Schwartzman is actually the son of Talia Shire (Rocky Balboa’s Wife) and cousin of Nicolas Cage.
- Ever wonder where the term “mind your p’s and q’s comes from?-Apparently, it comes from pubs of the old days…When a barkeep noticed that a fight was about to break out, he would let patrons know to protect their frosty brew by yelling “Mind your P’s and Q’s!” P’s for Pints and Q’s for Quarts.
- The Michelin Man actually has a name! If you really want to know, it is Bibendum. Where it comes from, I have no clue.
- The bulls-eye on a regulation dartboard must be 5 feet 8 inches off the ground.
- Finally, being that we finally have precious Football once again, know this: The average NFL career is only 3 1/2 years…keep that in mind when you covet the salaries of these athletes.