I’ve been enjoying the week with a road trip to North Carolina to visit my little Sister and enjoy my Birthday during vacation. It has been great to just chill and not be concerned with the monotony of the day to day. I only have one more week of work until I assume my new position, so next Monday should be an exciting one.
Now onto the posts of the week: (In No Particular order, despite the Numbers)
Since I compiled most of this earlier in the week, most of these posts come from the same.
- Get Rich Slowly (post by A. Baker of Man vs. Debt)- The “Do I Have Enough for This”? Effect
- Budgets are Sexy-Interview With Ramit Sethi
- FrugalDad-Where to Park Car Savings
- CashMoneyLife-Above and Beyond the Latte Factor:5 Small Changes that can Make You Big Money
- Fiscal Geek-Boost Your Income For a Season
- WiseBread-The Many Reasons to Make Due With Less
- 7 Million 7 Years-The Myth of the IPO
- Fiscal Fizzle-Fifteen 5 Minute Tasks to Improve your Finances
- Dumb Little Man-How to Make Saving as Exciting as Spending
Budgets are Sexy hosted The Carnival of Personal Finance #218-Chuck Norris Edition, which included Stupid, Pointless and Worthless Frugality tips.
Counting My Pennies Hosted The Carnival of Pecuniary Delights-Gilmore Girl Quotes edition, which included The Power (and possible drawbacks) of Using Coupons
Debt Sucks Blog hosted the Carnival of Debt Reduction #205, which included Think Twice Before Settling your Credit Card Debt.
- When golfing in Japan, a hole in one is called an “albatross”. Get it? Birdie, Eagle, Albatross!
- A Dime has 118 grooves on the side, a Quarter has 119.
- In Shakespeare’s time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase……… “goodnight, sleep tight.”
- Gilligan’s first name, Willie was only used in the pilot episode of Gilligan’s Island.
- Apparently, all Polar Bears are left-handed. If anyone has more information about this, please let me know!