I’m still adjusting to the new job, hence no post yesterday. I could have used some more sleep this week as well. Oh well, onto the best of the week…it’s a little light, but there’s some great stuff as always!
- Should You Buy It? A Flowchart for Evaluating Potential Purchases at Get Rich Slowly
- Would you go to a Wedding if you Had to Pay for Your Own Meal? at CleverDude
- Cash Envelope Budgeting: Why Your Bank Hates it. at FiscalGeek
- Why Camping is Not a Cheap Vacation at Mapgirl’s Fiscal Challenge
- Last but far from least, Mrs Micah serves up The Woman With the Well-How One Widow Survived the Great Depression
This last one is HIGHLY recommended!
I finally got back into full carnival swing and had 3 submissions this week!
- Cash Money Life hosted the Carnival of Debt Reduction-Labor Day Edition, which included What Happens When You Run Out of People to Blame?
- Financial Highway hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance-Labour Day Edition which included 8 Things to Look for in your 401k
- Almost Frugal hosted the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights which included Insurance For your Fantasy Sports Players…Really?
- Twenty Six, yes 26 players on the Brigham Young football team are married.
- Famous Sesame Street characters, Bert and Ernie are named after the taxi driver and the Police officer from the movie “It’s a Wonderful Life”.
Jimmy Carter was the first US President to be born in a hospital.