My first week at the new job is now in the books! I really did not run into anything unexpected. I now have a pretty good idea of how things work around the joint, and I am ready to enjoy my long weekend and probably forget everything I learned over the past week! Now onto the links!
Favorites of the Week:
- Suburban Dollar-First Time Home Buying: A Chronicle of Stress
- Fiscal Geek-Making a Homemade Toy That Kids Will Want:The Grappling Hook
- Green Panda Treehouse-5 Things Your Parents Didn’t Teach You About Money
- Fiscal Fizzle-Using Life Roles to Organize Your Budget
- Budgets are Sexy-Confessions of a Starbucks Barista
- Bripblap-The Professional Hitman
- Blunt Money-Credit Card Overload
This Week’s Carnivals:
Stretchy Dollar hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance: History of College Football Edition which featured Your Job or Your Happiness…AKA Why I Demoted Myself
Canadian Finance Blog hosted the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights#22-UFC Edition which featured Why Don’t I Have a Principal Payment Option Online?
- There is a small, black dot under your eye (visible if you drop your lower eyelid) that drains tears to your nose. See, no need to cry!
- In a gigantic case of irony, Buzz Aldrin’s mothers maiden name was MOON!
- Mary Shelley (of Frankenstein fame) kept her deceased husband’s heard wrapped in silk until she died.