Another week in the books. Nothing of note here this week, so let’s get down to business.
Best of the Week:
- PF Firewall-How I Will Earn $1000 by Losing Weight
- Moolanomy-How to Slice Your Budget Wisely
- Clever Dude-Save Mucho Money by Reinsulating Your Home’s Exterior Walls
- Debt Free Adventure-Pay off Credit Cards-Then Close em’ Shred em’ and Forget em’!
- Wise Bread-5 Ways Self Storage Units Are More Sad Museums than Savvy Solutions
- Fiscal Fizzle-Why Freelancing Benefits your Day Job
- Green Panda Treehouse-What Comic Book Characters Taught Me About Personal Finance
Crap! Forgot again!
Football season kills me, and apparently makes me kind of an idiot. That means I tend to forget the simplest of tasks…like submitting articles to carnivals.
- Every episode of Seinfeld contains a reference to Superman in some way, shape or form.
- The term: “The Whole 9 Yards” has nothing to do with football. If comes from WWII fighter pilots in the Pacific. Their .50 caliber machine gun ammo belts measured exactly 27 feet. If a pilot used a whole belt on an enemy, he got “the whole 9 yards”.
- Many of the Wicked Witch of the West’s scenes in the Wizard of Oz were either trimmed or deleted entirely, as Margaret Hamilton’s performance was thought too frightening for audiences.
- Snorted stem cells are delivered directly to the brain in minutes, bypassing the blood-brain barrier. Doctors discovered this while attempting to deliver molecules such as insulin to the brain, as they can not pass the blood-brain barrier.