After being sick for most of the week, I’m finally starting to feel better! And just in time for my 3 day weekend, no less. My apologies for leaving all of you hanging the past few days, but I could barely concentrate on anything, so writing was absolutely out of the question.
Even though I couldn’t write, I did get plenty of reading done, and once again my fellow personal finance bloggers did not disappoint. I could have easily linked to about 30 posts that I loved this past week, but I have chopped them down to six.
Best of the Week:
- Moolanomy shows us How to Prioritize Your Debt Repayment Plan.
- Fiscal Geek explains Why My Kids will Drive a Piece of Crap.
- My Dollar Plan has a good idea: Give Yourself an Allowance to Control Spending and Save Money.
- Dumb Little Man serves up Ten Simple Ways to Spend Less Money.
- Moolanomy (yes, again) gives us Why (and how) You Need to Review Your Credit Card Statement.
- Len Penzo exposes us to Notes from a Car Mechanic: 6 Simple Money-Saving Tips.
Now that Moolanomy is rockin’ some staff writers, I’ve got a feeling that the (already great) site will be even better. Kudos to Pinyo for allowing multiple contributors to give many different perspectives.
I finally got in some submissions this week!
- Mighty Bargain Hunter hosted the Carnival of Debt Reduction.
- MY Life ROI hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance: National Dog Week edition.
- Funny About Money hosted the Festival of Frugality: Roads to Riches edition.
- Financial Highway hosted the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights: Welcome to Canada Edition. (Personally, my favorite theme of all carnivals this past week)
- Adirondack Park in upstate NY (where I used to vacation every summer) is larger than Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Glacier, and Olympic Parks Combined.
- Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are 50 years old and above.
- Vikings used the skulls of their enemies to drink from…pretty sweet if you ask me!
- Ever wonder what the WD in WD-40 stands for? Wonder no more…It’s Water Displacer!